오늘의 표현 ‘Hunt-And-Peck’이란?
신기하게도 영어로 독수리 타이핑 방식을 표현할 때도 새에 관련된 두 표현을 씁니다. 하나는 ‘Hunt and peck’이라고 하는데 맞는 글자를 사냥해서 새처럼 부리로 쫀다는 비유적인 말이에요. 그리고 한국어하고 더 비슷한 표현인 ‘eagle finger(독수리 손가락)’이라고 하는 미국 사람도 있습니다.
A: What electives are you taking this semester?
B: I wanted to take ceramics, but it was full.
Q: What electives did you take when you were in high school?
A: I took website design for two semesters and jewelry making
for one semester.
A: I took driver’s ed and film-making.
A: I took a lot of electives, but my favorite was definitely journalism.
We were in charge of the school newspaper.
* I never learned how to type properly. I’ve just been getting by with hunt-and-peck for my entire life.
* I didn’t learn to type until I was in my 20s.
* My next challenge is learning to type properly in Korean.
* Is it hard to learn how to type?
* How long does it take to learn how to type?
* Proper typing improves your posture, because you don’t have to look down at the keyboard all the time.