미드에서 뽑은 유용한 영어 표현
- I know you’re busy. I’ll get out of your hair and leave you to your work.
2. Horse racing is in her blood.
- It’s in his blood
- He’s a born racer
- He was born to race
3. I’m all ears.
- If you have a better plan, just let me know. I’m all ears!
4. Making up and breaking up
- A: Isn’t it a great song to make up to?
- B: Make out to? Sure. Make up to? No.
5. We can’t just sweep this under the rug.
- We can’t just keep sweeping this under the rug.
6. It was a flop.
- It flopped.
- How did the release go?
- How did the product launch go?
- It was a flop.
7. He popped the question.
- When are you finally going to pop the question?
8. I have a lot of pent-up emotions.
- I’ve been pent up in this house all day long.
9. Susan and Mike finally tied the knot.
- When did you two get hitched?
- When did they say their I do’s?
10. I’ve become quite the homebody.
- He’s a real homebody.
I don’t enjoy going out on the town. I’m more of a homebody.